2022 Campground Policies and Rules
Booking and Arrival:
- Camping and Reservation Fees are payable at time of online registration and are non-transferable.
- Length of Stay: Campers may only camp up to a maximum of 14 nights in each calendar year.
- Campers must register at Campground Office upon arrival.
- Check-in/out times: Check-in time is no earlier than 1pm. Check-out time is no later than 11am.
- Quiet Times: Quiet time is between 10pm – 7am and only registered campers are allowed in the campground at this time.
- Campground Gates: Campground gates are closed from 11pm – 7am.
- Generators: Permitted only between the hours of 9am – 11am and from 6pm – 8pm. To respect nature and your neighbours, we encourage you to consider quiet (inverter) generators and keep use to a minimum.
- Campfires: Campfires are permitted in designated fire pits only and must not be left unattended. Do not burn garbage in fire pits. Campfires must not exceed .5m x .5m. All wood must remain within the fire ring. Campers must observe all campfire bans. Firewood is available for purchase at the Campground Office.
- Propane Fire Pits: CSA-approved propane fire pits can be used in the campground. Propane fire pits and propane stoves can be used during a fire ban unless specifically prohibited.
- Smoking: Smoking (tobacco and cannabis) and vaping is only permitted within your campsite.
- Alcohol: Consumption of liquor is prohibited in all day use areas: trails, beaches, buildings, common spaces. Alcohol may be consumed at your campsite. Please drink reponsibly.
- Food and Garbage: Do not leave food/garbage out. Food attracts wildlife. Store all food, garbage, dish cloths, toiletries, pet food dishes and BBQs in your hard-sided trailer or vehicle. Dispose of garbage in designated containers. Do not dispose of garbage in outhouses or fire pits.
- Recycling: Use marked recycling bins in the Campground. Do not dispose of food scraps, dog waste and garbage in recycling bins.
- Waste Water: Black Water must be disposed of in sani-dumps. There is no Sani on Hornby Island. Please use facilities or plan to pack out with you. Discharge of Grey Water into the bushes, campsite or surrounding areas is not permitted.
- Camping Equipment: All personal camping equipment must fit on your campsite. Permanent and semi-permanent structures are not allowed.
- Pets: Pets are welcome in the campground. Dogs must be ON LEASH in the Campground, including in your campsite. Do not leave your pet unattended. Ensure your dog doesn’t bark excessively. Pets are not allowed in buildings. Pick up after your pet and dispose of waste in the garbage (Please do not put dog waste in recycling bins).
- Number of Vehicles: Only 2 motorized vehicles are permitted per campsite (does not include motorcycles).
- Speed Limit: The maximum speed limit in the Campground is 10km/hr.
- Parking: Parking is permitted in designated campsites. Parking is not permitted on roadsides or in areas where they may impede proper use of the road or damage vegetation.
- Water Conservation: Hornby Island has a limited supply of freshwater. Water conservation efforts are in place at this Campground. Please bring freshwater with you, if possible. Please limit the frequency and duration of your showers to help conserve water. Showers may need to be limited or closed in an extreme water shortage.
- Wildlife: Do not approach, feed or harass wild animals.
- Natural Resources: Take only pictures, leave only footprints. Do not remove natural resources (flowers, branches, dead wood, mushrooms, etc.) from the Campground. Do not nail into trees, move logs/rocks, or gather wood for campfires.
- Preventing Wildfires: Never leave your campfire unattended. Make sure your campfire is completely out before you leave your campsite. Follow all posted campfire bans.
If you see a wildfire, report it immediately. Call 1-800-663-5555 or *5555 on a cell